Tuesday, April 12

just to clarify.

In regards to my post about Baby Led Weaning and all future parenting related thoughts - please remember that these are exactly that. My thoughts - my decisions - my personal beliefs which I feel very strongly about. If you disagree and/or choose to make choices that differ, it is unlikely that would judge you or allow that to affect whatever relationship we may have (except in a few particular circumstances). Though I may staunchly disagree, I will do my best to express my opinion and then hear yours out and we can discuss them like adults. Most of my thinking in relation to parenting is backed by many months of intensive research on all sides of the issues, so if you are looking to explore or question the ideas I put faith into, by all means I am willing to share my knowledge. However, if you take it upon yourself to disrespect or attack me, there will be a problem. Please note that I will not apologize for my beliefs if they offend you.

I hope to share in experiences as our daughter grows and am very interested in dialog with others about parenting and a multitude of other subjects.
Let's just remember something the Dali Lama has said in his list of 18 rules for living:
Follow the 3 R's:
Respect for self
Respect for others
Responsibility for all your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment